Prestressed ribs slab
The prestressed ribs (Poutrelle en beton précontraint) are precast elements manufactured by slip forming concrete. Combined with hollow blocks, they shape a flooring system with many advantages. The hollow blocks can be in two shapes. First, the standard hourdi block gives a straight finish ready to be plastered, mainly used for apartment floors. Second the arch block gives an aesthetical finish for parking and schools. The prestressed ribs come in two dimensions and can span from 3 meters up to 8 meters.
The PRS is most efficient when used in residential buildings and villas spanning from 3 to 7 meters. It can also be used in any type of building.
- Remarkably lower price compared to traditional
- Speed and ease of construction. 400m2 of installation
per day per crane.
- Straight finishing ready for plaster, or aesthetical
finishing with arch blocks.
- Less propping and scaffolding compared to traditional
- High strength, lightweight, durable structure.
- Longer span and greater loads than conventional
slabs of the same thickness.
- Automated production under strict Quality and Safety
- High thermal insulation properties.